Due to upcoming software changes to the UM System Libraries catalog, all campuses will need to temporarily suspend the borrowing and lending of materials through MOBIUS beginning April 15, 2022 and shift to other methods of obtaining materials for users. MOBIUS is our statewide consortium of academic and public libraries that agree to share materials. The UM System Libraries have every intention of reinstating MOBIUS services as soon as our new software allows. However, we will be without MOBIUS services for at least one year. This disruption does not impact MERLIN items, as those are items shared within our four campus system. Users can still receive materials from other libraries using the Interlibrary Loan process.
We are working with our vendors and MOBIUS to reinstate services as soon as possible. We will alert users as soon as we know more about reinstating MOBIUS across the four campuses. The UM System Libraries apologize for any inconvenience this causes to our users.
• Return all MOBIUS items to the library by their due date.
• Check https://merlin.lib.umsystem.edu/patroninfo to find out your due dates for MOBIUS materials.
• Review materials checked out from the library and look for items with the green or blue MOBIUS band around the cover.
• Work with library staff to obtain currently checked out MOBIUS items from Interlibrary Loan, if the materials are still needed for research.
o Interlibrary Loan at MU
o Interlibrary Loan at MU Law
o Interlibrary Loan at MS&T
o Interlibrary Loan at UMKC
o Interlibrary Loan at UMKC Law
o Interlibrary Loan at UMSL
Further questions can be sent to:
• MS&T: Stephanie Chinn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• MU: Corrie Hutchinson (email@example.com)
• UMKC: Buddy Pennington (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• UMSL: Jaleh Fazelian (email@example.com)